Like a lot of free-to-play games, Genshin Impact has an in-game currency called Primogems that you'll find yourself quickly spending on Wish Items and Original Resin. To keep you hooked however, miHoYo (HoYoverse) regularly gives away Genshin Impact codes, offering up a bunch of freebies including Primogems, Mora, and a whole range of Enchantment Materials.
To keep you topped up, we've put together this list of constantly updated Genshin Impact codes, however, we all know you're really just here for the Primogems, so we've also put together a list of the best ways to get more free Primogems too.
- Working Genshin Impact codes
- How do I redeem Genshin Impact codes?
- Expired Genshin Impact codes
- How do I get more free Primogems?
Working Genshin Impact codes
Last checked: 1st July 2022
The 2.7 livestream codes have now expired, meaning we're back to just these two for now:
- MTNUJBXDD72R - 60 Primogems, 5 Adventurer's Experience
- GENSHINGIFT - 50 Primogems, 3 Hero's Wit
GENSHINGIFT: This one's been around for a while and is single-use, but should still work for anyone who hasn't redeemed it yet. It nets you 50 Primogems and 3x Hero's Wit (equal to 60,000 XP).
How do I redeem Genshin Impact codes?
Genshin Impact codes are redeemed online rather than in-game. Open up your Internet browser of choice and go to the Genshin Impact Redeem Code page.
Log in to the site and then enter your Server, Character Nickname, and the Redemption Code you want to use. Hit the Redeem button and the rewards should be automatically applied to your character the next time you play.
You need to have reached Adventure Rank 10 or higher before you're able to redeem codes in Genshin Impact.
Expired Genshin Impact codes
Below is a list of all the Genshin Impact codes we've found that are confirmed to have expired. We promise we're not taunting you — it can just be very useful to have a list of old codes to refer to, even if it's just to confirm why a code you found isn't working for you.
It's worth noting too that Crucial Gaming were doing a code giveaway for 50 free Primogems, however, this expired with the release of 2.4. If Crucial Gaming do run any more code giveaways, we'll be sure to let you know here.
How do I get more free Primogems?
While codes and limited-time events are the easiest way to get free Primogems, you can earn them the old fashioned way too by playing the game and engaging in a select few activities spread across the world.
- Chests - If you’re travelling across the world and come across any chests, be sure to open them! These contain a small number of Primogems that may not seem to matter much at first, but really add up over time! As an extra note, rarer chests provide more Primogems, so keep an eye out for exquisite chests as you play.
- Quests - If you’ve got any quests left unfinished, be sure to complete them if you want a relatively quick injection of Primogems! Story quests and event quests are especially rewarding, so keep an eye out for any that pop up.
- Daily commissions - There’s no better way to earn consistent packages of Primogems than logging in every day and doing your commissions. These don’t take too long and the rewards are considerable when compared to other sources.
- Achievements - You may not care much about achievements in Genshin Impact, but they can be a great source of primo gems. This is especially true of some of the more challenging achievements, so take a look to see if you’re close to any major milestones for a quick Primogem prize.
- Fully exploring the map - if you’ve not travelled the full length of the map yet, unlocking fast travel points and clearing that fog of war is a fantastic way for newer players to earn themselves some quick primogems.
- Special promotion mail - Every now and again MiHoYo will send out gifts to players, usually with the launch of a major update, game anniversary, or your birthday! As such, be sure to keep checking your inbox for this lovely surprises.
- Real money purchases - This is Genshin Impact, and as such buying Primogems is a primary way to get your hands on a batch quickly. While you don’t have to spend money, it’s obviously the most reliable way to get the exact amount you want quickly. If you’re wallet can tank the hit, it’s a good option.